View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 03:21 AM

Default Re: 3 handed stars 30-60. . .

[ QUOTE ]
button limps, i raise with JJ, bb calls. . . .

flop 4 5 5 with 2 hearts, bet call

turn 6s bet call

riv 7d i can't figure out what is best here or if it is too close to matter. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

bet call fold on the flop? did the button fold preflop?

if
when its shorthanded i tend to bet here b/c theres a lot of people who simply put you on high cards and say, pair is good. alot of the time, they're right. therefore, i like to value bet against more passive players and check call more agro ones. paying off a raise here isn't bad against most people either and a vast majority of the time you will be called with a worse hand. this makes up for the times you incorrectly call ar aise, which, when you call, you will sometimes win.

in terms of the hands that call you any heart draw that picked up a pair, unfortuanately, 88/99/TT are pretty unlikely but there are a ton of other hands that fit into the calling catagory and therefore require a bet.

all in all i like to value bet here and fold the non tricky passive player's raise and call almost everybody elses. check calling would have to come 2nd most of the time, but sometimes its definately better (times he folds every hand that you bet but bets hands as a bluff or mistakenly value bets hands that beat you...those are rare though). other times check call is best is when you're against a guy who's just agro enough to raise you but a high % of the time has you beat but who's raise you still have to call and will likely be losing ev doing so and who may bet at the pot after you check.

-Barron