View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Kido Pham call from WSOP Circuit - insane?

[ QUOTE ]
So it's good poker to make a raise that commits all your chips with a 6-high flush draw? As was said earlier, is it so bad to flat-call here? As for the odds, yeah he's priced in, and in a cash game this is an easy call and one that should be made every time. But in the tourney, he's got a 2/3 chance of going broke with this play. Even with the odds he's getting, I don't think it would have been that bad of a fold for him. Given his hyper-aggressive style, he could've easily gained back what he lost in that hand through stealing and picking up small pots. I don't see any reason for him to risk so many chips here as a dog. Of course, he then goes on to win the J-10 hand as an even bigger dog, and the whole tourney. Shows me what I know. F*cking Pham.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason his hyper aggressive style allows him to pick up pots is because players know he's willing to put his tournament on the line. If he folds when he's getting the proper odds for a call just to avoid busting then he'd do better to play a conservative style in the first place.