View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Need advice on collecting a very large debt....

[ QUOTE ]
I played some rich fish in a heads up game for high stakes one night. This guy runs a home game that I had been to before and I had grown to trust him. I bought in for $2300 and starting it heads up at midnight NL with 5/10 blinds. By the end of the night it was 25/50 and I cashed out at $10,125. He was only able to pay back $1500 total because he had also lost in the ring game before the heads up and didnt have any more cash on him. He said he would have the money by a certain time and he owes me $8600. Now he says me and my friend cheated him and he won't pay me. What is the best course of action?

[/ QUOTE ]

You cheated him heads up? That's pretty impressive.

First of all ignore any of the advice that advocates illegal activity. Going to jail sucks. You loss isn't worth it.

Ask the man again.

Then call up his wife. Tell her about the gambling debt and ask her to pay it or to talk to him about paying it.

Ask the man again.

Call up his boss. Tell him about the gambling debt and ask the boss if he'll be willing to make good on the debt. If not ask him to talk to the fellow about paying it.

Ask the man again.

Call up the man's mother...

--Zetack