View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: I suck at closing

My advice (not the i'm the master or anything) is to get things warmed up at the bar BEFORE putting in the bid for her to leave with you. If you're a good dancer, play that angle. Keep the liquor flowing but dont get her wasted. Something as innocent as a hand on her shoulder for a 3-count can go a long way if she's interested.

This all depends on the girl by the way. If she's the party-chick type, and she's spent more than 10-15 minutes talking to you, the door is open and all you have to do is say "let's get out of here." If it's the girlfriend, bring-her-home-to-meet-parents type, she isnt going to do much with you on the first night anyway. Better way to play those types is to ask them out on an actual dinner date, get their number, and call them 48 hours later to follow up on it.

So, to summarize:

Party chick: keep the booze flowing, make a clear cut move in the bar. If she responds positively, you're in. If not, move on to the next party girl. If there are none left, call it a night and go home.

Mom and Dad type: spend the evening talking to her. Act interested in everything she has to say. Make it seem like you have the same interests. At the end of the night, ask her if she'd like to have dinner.

If she's somewhere in between, then i would suggest mixing the two methods. I'm married now, so maybe my methodology is a bit dated, but it worked when i was in college 10 yrs ago. Then again, i wasnt exactly bringing home Angelina Jolie look-alikes. I was much more of a quantity guy than a quality guy, for better or for worse.