View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 09:41 AM

Default 10/20, 8-8 against loose aggressive 3 bettor

live action 10/20, villian is loose, aggresive, and loose.

Folded to me in MP, i raise with 8-8. Villain 3 bets it behind me, folds back to me and i call. pot is heads up.

his range for 3 betting is any pair, any 2 connected cards 10-J and higher (suited, offsuit).

the flop is 2-4-J rainbow. I check, He bets and i call.

the problem i have here is that i don't know where he is at, and i feel that there is a very reasonable chance that my hand is good. and i feel if i bet the flop and get raised, im in the same posiiton, except i just put 10 more dollars in the pot, because he would rasie on the flop with anything.

so the turn comes and its a jack for J-2-4-J. I check, he bets and i rasied him. i did this because i wanted him to fold over cards and to think maybe i had trip jacks while still holding out for the possibility that i had the best hand.

He 3 bet it. And i called.

The river was a 2 for J-2-4-J-2, i chekced , he bet, and i called.

I know i should've folded to his 3 bet after i check raised but i made a mistake and called him down . He had J-10

my question is,,, are there any better ways to play this hand? its a real tough spot being out of position against a semi-maniac player, and very hard to find out where your at without losing alot of chips and/or paying him off.

thoughts?