View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Curtains Hand - Early Position Push/No Push

[ QUOTE ]
Bump in case curtains didn't see this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that in general people underestimate their chances when they have no fold equity. They don't give enough weight to the fact that they might be dealt a good hand and win, be dealt a mediocre hand and get lucky, or just happen to be forced allin in the BB and win over your opponents hand, which will usually happen around 30-40% in such situations, which is really not all that terrible.

Of course I would have loved for a great situation to have come up, but one didn't. Im not often in this position but I won't go out of my way and do crazy things to avoid it. btw one problem I have with the J7o push, is that immediately after the blinds we are back down to 700 again anyway. If Im going to risk my tournament life on a crap hand, it bothers me to have to pay back that money right away. I agree that this isn't a very mathematical way of thinking, but I suspect it makes some sense. By this I mean that when you wait for the BB and decide to play it, and you happen to win that hand, you don't have to immediately pay your blind again next hand, and instead have many free hands to pick up something.