View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Re: WSOP Hachem JJ Hand

You say JJ is vulnerable. Well, even AA isn't gonna win every time. Would you bet that? What is the purpose of betting? To make sure that only you or Barch wins the pot? What if you bet and are called? Do you want a side pot?

I really think you all are underestimating Barch as a player. If I check down and discover that Dannenman outdrew me and so going heads-up it's say, 40 mil to 25mil, am I really worried that I won't be able to come back and beat him? If Barch outdrew me, then I have a really tough player with a bunch of chips to play with. Not to even mention moving up in the money by 2 mil in REAL money if EITHER I or Dannenman beat Barch's hand.

Conclusion: Barch has to go. If Dannenman takes the pot, I still feel like the favorite heads-up. If I win the pot, I have a very nice cushion is Dannenman gets a little lucky. If Barch beats out both of us, well, that's poker.

Admittedly, I first thought Hachem's play was WAAAAYYYY wrong, but after reviewing the circumstances, it was by far the best play.

-Gross