Thread: Media Bias Wars
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Media Bias Wars

[ QUOTE ]
Which study can quantitatively show that one news source leads to the least amount of misconceptions? And even as ridiculous as such a study would be, it will still lead to misconceptions. It seems like you support the notion that following one news source exclusively will inevetibly lead to misconceptions. I support that notion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I support that notion as well, of course. But it wasn't the crux of my post.

I was trying to critique threads that try to prove media bias. More or less, I'm wondering: why bother?

[ QUOTE ]
Which is why I asked the jackass who stated that watching FoxNews led to misconceptions and that's why it's a bone in his throat, if he could name the competitor to FoxNews which led to the least amount of misconceptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I'm bored with the left and their criticisms of Fox News. And I'm bored with the right critizing the liberal media, whatever their favorite targets are (NYT, CBS, etc.). But for those on both sides to pretend their victims of some media storm which swirls around them and unfairly targets their side to the benefit of the other, well - it's tiresome. My post was merely to say that even if we could successfully prove the media biases that are claimed to exist, it wouldn't matter anyway, because our only recourse is to exercise judgement -- judgement that I'm sure we already exercise.