View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Top 5 sports games of the last 5 years

[ QUOTE ]
The Titans-Rams SB wasn't that exciting. The first three quarters were actually quite boring IMO. It was just the last 10 minutes that made it "memorable", but not necessarily great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the same can be said for Pats-Rams though. Brady was a very mediocre QB throughout that postseason.
I'm a huge NFL junkie and I can't really think of a dramatic well played game that sticks out enough to be on this list - maybe Pats-Panthers, but I never really thought Carolina was going to win the game even when they were ahead.

I think the guys on WFAN are right when they say the Arizona-Illinois game was the "biggest collapse in recent memory by a good team" so I dunno about that game either.
In terms of "well played dramatic games you didn't know what was going to happen and neither team deserved to lose" I'd definitely rank Gonzaga/Arizona and last year's Wake Forest/West Virginia as the top 2 in College Hoops. The latter made for some great Big East trash talking vs. the ACC talking heads for about a day untill Uconn dropped the ball vs. NIT St. the next day.