View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Redskins vs Giants

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And also . . . look: the Redksins did outplay the Giants today, but the officiating was very poor. I haven't complained about lopsided refereeing against the Giants since that [censored] [censored] pass interference call in that playoff game against the Rams in '89, but this was bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

You hadn't complained about officiating in 16 years, but chose to do so in a game they lost by 15 points? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

A few people have said stuff like this, and I don't understand it. The positions are not mutually exclusive. Yes, the Redskins handed the Giants their heads yesterday, and yes the officiating did not cost the Giants the game. But the officiating against them was absolutely atrocious. There's no conflict between the two. As long as a Giants' fan acknowledges the obvious -- that the Redskins beat the crap out of the Giants, just as the Giants did to them several weeks back -- there is no shame in complaining about the brutal officiating in my opinion.

Personally, I think Walt Coleman is a bad referee to begin with; I said so much to my father-in-law at the beginning of the game. And he didn't let me down. I just wish the league would do something to improve the officiating -- and I don't know what that is, except to get rid of these ridiculous roughing the passer calls.