View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Re: 3/6(6-max): Turned flush draw, disguise/build pot

I don't really understand your reasoning there... if I raise the turn, it's because I think I can pick up the pot often enough to make it +EV as a semibluff. If I'm expecting to get called then I need to make a ton of money when I hit just to make the play breakeven. And by "a lot" we're talking about overbetting the river and getting called (and winning!) near 100% of the time.

For this hand to work out as you've envisioned it, your opponent needs to stack off with some pretty sketchy holdings... what type of a guy puts $600 into a $24 pot with two pair on a coordinated board?

What sort of hand leads full pot on the river when the flush hits? What calls your raise? I expect most top pair, two pair, and sets to bet smaller on the river or just check-call. You might get lucky and catch him with a slowplayed straight, but his line seems to be representing a flush, and most flushes beat you.

Depending on your reads of your opponent this hand may not be too bad, but you didn't include any reads at all... and it feels like either this hand wasn't thought out too well, or there's a lot of information missing.