View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Re: how many bets until you just call?

My thoughts on the hand are that either calling the 3-bet or 4-betting and calling the 5-bet are both ok. Like I said earlier, if the player is willing to 3-bet 42s preflop, he may be willing to 3-bet the Kc on the river. Given that, once you 4-bet, only a complete moron wouldn't know that you have the Ac, so if he's still coming at you, just call.

One thought on the preflop situation. You need to cap. I believe it was flawless_victory who said this, but it was put really well. "I cap this everytime because my capping range here is so large." You shouldn't be afraid of slowing him down, because you should be capping more than just AA-JJ, AK here.. a lot more.

This sort of reminds me of a game I was playing with my roommates. We were playing 3-handed limit for kicks, and one of my roommates had a PFR on the button of almost 100%. All of a sudden, he open-limps on the button. Surprise, surprise, he showed a high pocket. This is such a poor playstyle because you're not taking advantage of the laggy plays you made earlier when you have an actual hand. You're getting your money in with the worst hands and not getting it in when you have the best of it.