View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: I have a butt problem

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can I chiropractor even do anything here? Kaiser is a BS all-in-one medical plan thingy I've had since I was born. I will have an actual PPO once I move to Henderson in 2 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. I'm a big believer in chiro, but finding one you're comfortable with could be harder. Ask around, get personal referrals.

If you've got a disc out of alignment, 3-4 visits to the chiropractor can easily put it back into place. Takes a few visits to get your back to fully let up and stop pulling it back out of place.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem isn't my disc though, it's my ass muscle.

Is he going to re-align my ass? Sounds like something I should be paying a hooker to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. I'd see what the chiropractor says. Usually a muscle is in spasm or locked and pulls a disc out of alignment. A nerve doesn't get pinched due to the muscle, but due to the bones the muscle is pulling on. Muscles are usually in spasm because a vertebrae is out.

Yea...chicken and egg, the muscle pulls the disc, but the muscle is pulling because of the disc. What happens is you sat funny or slept funny and the long term pressure pushed something towards spasm...now it's locked up and won't let it go back. It's like a dislocated shoulder where they have to wrench it into place because the musles are all locked up mistakenly trying to prevent further damage.

Muscles don't just spasm/lock for the hell of it, they do it due to some trauma. Given your description, I don't think it was blunt force "fell on my ass" type trauma, but sounds more like nerve aggravation that chiro can help.

I am not a doctor...I've just had plenty of back/neck problems.