Thread: Aces big pot.
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Aces big pot.

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, i don't really like waiting for the turn to raise, but i still like it *more* than 3-betting the flop. While this is a great flop for aces, i get nervous when there is a bet and a raise into me on a relatively uncoordinated board when i capped preflop. Our hand is best a lot, but it definitely needs to be protected as much as we can protect it. Raising the turn is better for that goal than 3-betting the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

All good points. While you may be able to get a raise in on the turn as well as a flop 3-bet, I don't mind waiting for the turn if that's the best way to get the most money in (i.e., if everyone else freezes up after your flop 3-bet).

There are only a couple of non-idiot hands out there that beat us on the flop (making trips), but there are a number of possible hands that could be out there that we do beat (lower PPs that don't make trips, A9s, T9s, suited connectors that flopped a straight draw or pair/bdsd).

I still want to get as much money in as I can, as fast as I can. If a flop call turn raise line gets in more money, then I'm all for it.