View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: taking shots, always failing (low limit and low content)

Hand 1: The pot is small, your draw is very weak. Good fold.

Hand 2: Cold Calling should only be done in a few circumstances. If you are playing A9s here, you should 3bet. I like raising the flop - you have a gutshot, the nutflush draw, and might even win by spiking an ace. You might also get to take a free card on the turn by doing this.

Hand 3: Looks good. Generally the line goes bet the flop, turn, and then give up the river if you missed. With observant opponents though, an intersting thing comes out of this. When you check the river and are acting first, they generally clue in that you missed. So when you infact did hit, you get opportunities to sexy the river. An added bonus to this is that when you have missed, you can sometimes "fire the last barrel" and take the pot.

Hand 4: Looks good. It seems like the bb was getting frisky with a 7.

Hand 5: I dont think you want to raise with that many other callers. If your flush draw doesnt come, you will likely be drawing to 3 outs. I think you can probably bet/call this river, since you are playing with donks, they might just have middle pair thinking that you are bluffing.

Hand 6: Call the flop I think. If you fold a decent % of the time when they check raise you with flush draws, they make huge profits.

Hand 7: If he is capable of semi bluffing, I would definitely 3bet the flop against him to punish him for it. But if he is random and bad, your line is fine.

Hand 8: You might win by hitting 3-of-a-kind, 2 pair (less likely), or a gutshot. You should call since there arent that many people in the pot. If this were from a full game, however, it would be a clear fold.

Hand9: I like calling here, but this one is fairly read dependant.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, what to do with A2-A9o in MP or CO after caller(s)? I always fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding is correct. Most of the value of these hands in shorthanded comes from making steals. With limpers, a steal is very unlikely, so you will be nearly always drawing to 3 outs.