View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Re: River bet - AK unimproved

[ QUOTE ]
So do you not 3-bet your high PPs also?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm still experimenting here.

My goal is to have several overall strategies to handle the HU blind defense. Then I pick the strategy that best fits my opponent. Or I can alternate several strategies against a thinking/adjusting opponent to keep him off balance.

One strategy that I like a lot against many opponents is never 3-bet and that is what I was doing here.

Comments on your specific points:

1. It is true that they will lose money when they cap preflop and you have AA. But in the long run you cannot 3-bet just AA and you are not going to be capped only when you have AA. Your 3-bets are going to have a range and most opponents are going to adjust and cap you when they have the best of it versus your range. So against most opponents you will be losing money when you get capped. If you identify an opponent who always caps your 3-bets out of spite or something then you should play a different strategy against them.

2. Maybe it's just me, but I never seem to know what it means when a LAG caps heads up, especially with position.

3. Some of the same people who go nuts with the reraises preflop do the same thing postflop if you don't warn them. It's not like preflop has a monopoly on chest thumping.