View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: $11 flush on paired board

preflop: I think limping with Axs is fine behind 2 limpers.

Flop: I tend to get annoyed with min-bets and raise in the 100-200 range on a semi-bluff and see who I'm really playing against. Any 7 or pocket pair is dangerous even if I hit a flush, might as well steal it now from those willing to go away. But, taking a cheap card really isn't bad either, just not my preference. Might miss.

Turn: you DON'T want to give them CORRECT odds to call, but WRONG odds, but then if they call they've erred. You want them to mistakenly stick around, not correctly stick around. Biggest threat is a 7 with 9+ outs to boat, so I'd think more than quarter pot is minimum. The 80 is asking only 50 for a 380 pot for 7-1, which is a correct call (you help him make a correct play). A raise to something like 200 cuts the odds enough that his call is an error (not knowing what the guys behind you are doing). If you give them an opportunity to error, they might still fold correctly, but you still make money. If you let them correctly call, it can cost you the pot if they hit.

River: I just call, too many players, someone might have that boat after all.