View Single Post
Old 04-01-2004, 12:51 AM

Default Just happened to me

20-40 B&M, currently 8-handed. The last orbit before I have to leave, I get AA on the button - and it gets better. UTG+2, a tight prop, open raises. Folded to fairly tight CO who 3-bets - yahoo! I resist the temptation to lay back (haven't seen UTG+2 cap), and I cap it. Extremely loose BB calls, as do UTG+2 and CO, so there's already 8+ BB in the pot.

Flop is A84, with 84 being suited.
Checked to me, and I check. I was very tempted to bet, and possibly should have. If they had a pocket pair, the other players would have been getting close to enough pot odds (and almost certainly enought implied odds) to call and try and spike a set. I was concerned, though, that with an A on the board they'd just muck to even a small bet after I'd capped PF. More importantly, I thought that they might read my flop check/turn bet as KK-TT and bet or raise the turn if they had that beat, say by AK-AJ or a high pocket pair.

Turn was a blank.
Folded to CO who bets, I raise and unfortunately BB and UTG+2 do in fact fold. CO can only call all-in for $30, flipping over KK and saying that he has put me on QQ. Not a happy camper, then, when I show AA and he's drawing dead.

So, I may have gotten another $40 if I'd bet the flop, or maybe I'd have gotten less if CO put me on an ace. Can't really say, but next time it happens [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'll probably play it the same.