Thread: 6-max Coach
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 06:40 AM

Default Re: 6-max Coach

[ QUOTE ]
I read through Kiddos offer on his site and it seems quite good to me. However if I were to get a coach I would definitely want some live sweating through irc,msn,aim whatever, in addition to indepth analysis of handblocks.
Infact I think Kiddo's offer would be much better if he charged $500 and included 2 hours of live coaching.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx and yep, for some players it definetly would be better to get live-coaching while they play (if that is what u were talking about).

[ QUOTE ]
As to the cost, I did some coaching awhile back and it's very timeconsuming and it can be quite draining. So I really dont think he's overcharging at all assuming he's as good a teacher as I think he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

[ QUOTE ]
One should note that you can have a really good player coaching you, but he won't necessarily be worthwhile to you if he's unable to identify your most pressing leaks (usually misunderstanding concepts or misapplying concepts) and present them to you in a clear and coherent way. Some people play poker alot better than they talk poker, you don't want one of those guys tutoring you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, if you for example read Doyle Brunsons book on NL you will see that he talks a lot about "feel". Cloutier talks the same way in his NL&PL book. This is worthless if u want to learn.

Normally the problems starts when we got conflicting concepts like: "I want to see flop cheap with 98s and I want to isolate this bad guy limping", or: "I dont have a hand on this flop so I shouldnt bet but I guess noone else got a hand so I should bet."

What a coach then need to do is break down those concepts and see whats behind, not talking about getting "a feel" for how to play.