View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: semi-bluff on the turn

[ QUOTE ]
Since I play at the 1/2 level, I almost never bluff, because it's usually not profitable. But I almost folded the best hand last night on the turn due to a semi-bluff, which got me thinking...

[/ QUOTE ]

The bluff/semi-bluff frequency depends on your read on villain. You'll be surprised how many pots you can pick up by betting into the right player.

[ QUOTE ]
How many folks ever check-raise (or raise) on the turn with a small pair and a flush or OES draw? Assume it's heads up and you think the opponent might just be pushing overcards (let's say he raised preflop).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm more inclined to check-raise the flop than the turn, but check-raising the turn against a player who will auto-bet the flop and turn is fine. Again, reads are important.

The reason I'd rather check-raise the flop is that I would rather him get only one chance to hit an overcard instead of two.

[ QUOTE ]
If the opponent just calls your raise, do you fire again on the river, even if you missed your draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

Reads, again... Players who call a turn check-raise are often going to call a river bet (not always).