View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 01:47 AM

Default 8 Tabling (different style)

I've been 8 tabling micro stakes for the last ~20K hands or so, just trying to get a feel for how profitable it is (8 Party NL $25 tables). I can handle the interaction fine (with overlap). I feel that playing more than 6 tables causes me to really tighten up and not make stupid 3 barrel bluffs that I'm so used to making out of boredom.

Anyway, on to the question. I used to 4 table higher stakes and I was almost always Semi-Loose Aggressive/Aggressive according to PT. So today I filter my rating just by my NL $25 data and it's showing me as Tight Aggressive/Passive. I got to thinking about it and it's accurate. I am very selective about hands preflop and I've all but stopped bluffing at ultra low limits. I just feel like it's not really that profitable unless the situation is right, and for the most part it's player dependent. It just seems like bluffing/semi-bluffing aren't worth the effort nearly as much because there WILL be better opportunities in the near future.

To clarify, it's not like I'm raising A-A and then checking the flop, those hands I'm aggressive with. I'm basically just shutting down if I miss with hands like A-K because it's very likely I'll be called down.

So my basic question is this...is having a TAP style leaving money on the table? Is it awful? Am I thinking about it in the completely wrong way? I'm up tons of buy-ins but I'm always looking to improve, even at these levels and it's really more a question of game adjustment.