View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 06:41 AM

Default Re: Always autobet after a preflop raise?

You want to maintain the initiative in the hand whenever possible. However, in this spot I don't bet if it's checked to me and I fold to this flop donk. Your hand has very little showdown value and like SSHE says is equivalent to a weak draw at this point. Even if no one has 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s at this point, the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the turn most likely gives someone a nice redraw on the river. So you can make your hand and still lose. I'd say you've got about 3-4 effective outs here.

You also are not closing the action here. You could easily get c/r'd by a duece or a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flush draw. So this forces you to be tighter on this flop. A raise probably is better than a call here, but you could just be building a pot for someone else. Even though the pot is a decent size at this point, I don't think you have enough equity to fight for. Unless you're positive it won't be raised/reraised behind you, just fold the flop.