View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Next up: Kxs in the early rounds

I think you can still fold this PF, but you are getting low and this could be as good a chance you will see. I presume you dropped to 5 BB as a consequence of a lost hand previously, you need to be making a move sooner than 5 BB if you have the chance.

This is not a disaster hand to play, the limp is almost certainly wrong but not much choice, well 2 choices - push or limp. The limp is forgiveable, especially as you got away with it.

You get a great draw on the flop, esp. as the A gives you the nuts. You are better than 2:1 here most of the time (except for the times you are against K plus Q/J/T or any 9. Take your chance to go all-in? It is tempting but you are only going to double your stack at best, on a draw where you are 2:1. You might be better pushing in PF with a lot of hands that will offer you odds of at least this much. Any pair plus a draw, easy push. Given your stack, I think the push is OK, you were unlucky to be against one of the few hands that beats you with a K falling.

I think given the limited opponents I would be looking to triple up, and would rather push PF with anything reasonable. You do have enough chips to see off a a few more blinds yet.