View Single Post
Old 05-29-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Aveadams and Horseshoe

First time I've hit quads in a live game, figured it was worth a red chip [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I saw quads five times today - three times at 4-8 and twice at 10-20 including my queens. Two straight flushes to boot. Too bad they didnt happen in the same hand at the 4-8 table... I'd sure like a share of that $70,000 jackpot.

The AA crack was kinda rough. That dude was calling with anything, and especially anything sooted. The crazy thing is, he was hitting -- I've never seen one person hit so many flushes in my life. I never really beleived everyone who said the 10-20 game was so soft, but jesus christ, I do now. They aren't as terrible as the 4-8 players but they arent that much better.

It wasn't uncommon for 5 or 6 ppl to see the flop, and there ware several hands where 8 or 9 folks limped in. Theres very little aggression before the flop, drawing hands are huge when they hit, you usually get paid off very nicely.

The swings are incredible. I was up $300, down $200, Up $200, down $200, left up $80. I was so card cold it was unreal, missing every draw, TPTK beaten by some BS 2 pair, but I still managed to finish up. Including my rack up at 4-8 and my $130 tournament loss, I finished up $50 (sigh, how's that for 16 hours of play? better than losing I 'spose)

This was day three. The first two days I played 3.5 hours each day, and finished up $300 and $200 at 4-8. I'm definitely looking forward to some more 10-20 tomorrow.