View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 10:17 AM

Default % of river check raise bluffs

This is pertaining to the party 5/10 6 max game as I assume 10/20 6 max is a little trickier and there might me a higher percentage of river check raise bluffs.

Right now I am paying off river check raises waaay too much, and I think I might be worried too much about bluffs. Another factor that is contributing to this leak is I'm constantly trying to push river value bets, so what inevitably is happening is I'm making a good yet pretty slim river value bets (if I would fold to the blasted raise) yet I'm paying off like a drunk in a strip club.

Here's an example:

I raised in MP with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Only a huge 70/3/.5 donk in the BB calls, he's basically showing down any pair.

The flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet he calls

The turn is A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet he calls

The river is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet he raises and I pay off like a complete fish to find 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

So my question is what percentage of the river check raises in the party 5/10 6max game are bluffs, my guess is <5% probably closer to ~2%.