View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Worst mistakes made by the professor in the classroom.

[ QUOTE ]
Worst mistake made by professors? How about not learning to speak english correctly? My most horrid classes were with foreign born profs with thick accents and/or an inability to project there voices.

[/ QUOTE ]

on topic and a pretty good zing. i am assuming you are talking about how the thread title is worded pretty awkwardly. i have a bad habit of doing that. i think i have this problem where i just skim what i am reading/typing and frequently make those type of errors. i am pretty sure i am not dyslexic since i don't have any problem with math(its my field) as most dyslexics do.

anyway, i make a lot of typos on 2+2 since i am rarely not doing something else also when i post.

in reference to your OP. non native speakers can be really tough. i think if you are a physics or math major you get used to it pretty fast since you are exposed to a lot of foriegn professors and grad students early. depending on what school you go to of course, you could probably have more non fluent speakers than fluent speakers in your undergraduate physics career at some schools.

edit: maybe you didn't intend a zing now that i think about it. maybe i am just to self conscious about my grammar :S