View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 05:19 AM

Default Re: \"I Play the Board,\" I lose the pot, I miss a bet.

[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing in your post which indicates that you knew you were entitled to half the pot even though your opponent's pair of Kings were turned face up by the dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure I was entitled to the entire pot, not just half. I declared that I was playing the board, and he did not. But I made the decision that since his cards never hit the muck, I wouldn't pursue a decision. Ironically, if I HAD asked for a decision, it would have likely gone against me since the shift manager didn't know the rule about playing the board, nor did the dealer, nor did the part time floorman who was playing in the game.

I sumarized the above in my original post by saying "He won." Perhaps I could have fleshed that out a bit more. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Sparks

Note: The confusion here stems from what appears to be a conflict in Robert's Rules of Poker. Under General Poker Rules - The Showdown, paragraph 1 states that to win any part of the pot, both cards must be shown face up on the table. This is not correct, because when you declare you are playing the board, you don't have to show, which is described under the Hold 'em rules section, paragraph 6.