View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
He said king-high, I sat there, unresponsive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Unless I hate the guy and am specifically trying to ridicule him or something (or he is an angle-shooting liar who will say king-high and then slowroll a set), as soon as he says "King-high" my hand is flipped over.

[ QUOTE ]
He was pissed and I got scolded pretty bad by a local who said around here when a guy says "i missed" or "king-high" you're supposed to just show your hand and drag the pot and it's very rude to do what I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't scold you, I'd just think you're a jackass. "I missed" is very different, btw. If he said "I missed" I would say something like "one pair." If he says, "that's good" I'd flip over my hand.

[ QUOTE ]
I agree it's a little bit rude perhaps, but if he wants to see my hand it's only fair if he shows his.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of us like playing with some level of civility and at some level, still consider this a gentleman's game. I treat the game as such until someone at the table shows me otherwise, at which point I might change some of my behaviors for that session. To each his own.

[ QUOTE ]
I think making him show is hand is hands down the best/right play.

[/ QUOTE ]

To each his own. I'd rather not irritate other players and have anyone think I'm a nit a-hole. But, we all play for different reasons.

[ QUOTE ]
This is not the first time this has came up by far...and I'm curious how people like Tommy Angelo handle situations like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, bike, I do not like playing with players like you. You are the only type of player whom I would ever consider slow-rolling.