View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Post College Depression

[ QUOTE ]
I'm also thinking of volunteering at the nursing home my mother works at, just a few hours a week, to have an activity where I interact with others. I was thinking about a part time job but I don't really need the crappy pay I'd be getting and I don't want to be committed to certain hours each week.

For my last thing I'll just say this. I really feel the key to life is forming and maintaining relationships. And not just sexual relationships. I mean relationships with friends and family. Next time your at the table don't be afraid to ask the person next to you where he is from. Say hello to the stranger in the elevator. Smile to the grocery store cashier as she rings up your food. Send a random message to old friends and ask how they are doing. I am finding these things go a long way in life, and I feel that everything else will just fall into place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi there. For someone who does nto discuss your feelings, this is pretty good soul-searching. Specifically, I like these last two paragraphs that I've quoted above. Yes, do volunteer. Helping other people will bring your peace in a way that money can never do. Also, I think that your seeing that personal relationships are so crucial is quite mature. Cultivate the relationships that you have, and strive to be a good person in the world. Happiness and fulfillment are simple things. But it's hard and complicated work to get there sometimes.

gl2u

Marlow