View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 05:30 AM

Default Re: Ahead enough to push?

[ QUOTE ]
I think the flop push is fine. What card on the turn is going to keep him or you from getting all your chips in anyway? A club? I think at this point there is too much in the pot already, why not just push.

I like it fine. The minraise would scare me a tad, but it's wierd at best. With no reads, it looks like this guy was me 6 months ago, thinking I could win any pot if I just pushed hard enough.

Oh wait, that was like one month ago.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly, if I call the extra 225 here it's all going in on the turn. Calling the flop and folding the turn just aren't consistent actions. If the turn comes [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], UTG+2 checks, and I push that could make life tricky for the button with a couple of the holdings I mentioned (QQ/KK) but _someone_ is going to call me. On anything else chances are good they'd both call me, unless the button's on the 77 end of the range I've given him.

That said, minraises still scare me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Just not enough to fold aces. My JJ would be a lot more likely to end up in the muck here.