View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: New poster - QJo feedback wanted.

Thanks for the comments so far. They are appreciated!

One thing that I like about poker is that there are often compelling arguments for different plays and I like your different perspectives.

I'm struggling a bit with starting hand selection in loose games. I want to open it up a bit, but not end up too loose myself. I could probably benefit from reserving QJ for LP or at least late mid. In that case, do you call or raise? Under what conditions?

I'm ambivalent about betting into the PF raiser on the flop versus check/raise. Is it more +EV to get the overcalls or to try to drive out the chasers if he raises? I'm not sure. I agree with your reasoning though.

I would have felt bad folding on the river for one bet, although I thought I was taking around 10:1 odds against a completed flush draw versus a bluff (the second two didn't scare me as much as the 3rd spade). If LP raised behind, I would have felt fine laying down regardless of SB's action.

Sorry about the annoying name, boz. I figured it would make sense to use my table name, and it is supposed to be somewhat irritating. Of course, that doesn't mean I have to annoy you guys with it. Maybe I'll "reroll" if it continues to get negative feedback.