View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Strange line that everyone hates

[ QUOTE ]
If I reraise to $30, Im not going to get 2 callers hardly ever, and probably not getting 1 caller more than 15% of the time.

At least in the games Im play.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is also my experience and the whole basis behind the line I advocate.

[ QUOTE ]
Uhh, I would think that AQ is behind almost all of the hands that a typical player will raise two limpers with

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit: the following is my current 5-max guidelines, thats pretty relevant
I will raise with A6o+ and KTo+ on the button with 2 limpers just to steal, unless the limpers are known strong players. Maybe I'm atypical?

[ QUOTE ]
Playing large pots out of position sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hopefully I'll take it down right there; if not, 50% chance of taking it down with a cbet. If I'm called I can check/fold. If the flop comes Qxx no draws and the cbet is called, then I'm prepared to make some tough decisions.

[ QUOTE ]
You need to make this at least 25 if you raise, good chance you get at least one caller if not two. You are going to miss the flop 1/3 of the time and blindly throw a continuation bet of 35 in effort to take it down.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP. Or maybe my raises are too weak, but at the stakes I play, they work just fine. I guess this is where the difference in stakes is relevant. Regardless, in my experience, I take it down 2/3 of the time (if I miss but villain also misses it's usually mine).