View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Edit: increased length

I can't give you that. I'm not a union expert or an MTA official. I know from visiting my grandfather in the pits and seeing the work they do that they are constantly exposed to horrendous levels of dirt and chemicals and smoke and soot. As a union rep my grandfather dealt with tons of cases of guys that got sick or injured at work. I never saw the tunnels, but I can only imagine it is worse down there.

Can I provide you a report, no, I was ten. However, I'm sure the union would provide you with the information if you requested it (might take awhile given the current situation, but if your willing to wait). You see the MTA and the union actually have a [censored] clue on these matters, have actual data and knowledge that effect thier decision making process. They don't try to make grand sweeping judgements about the fairness of a contract based on little more then hearsay, conjecture, and emotional feelings towards the concept of unions.

So if you want to have an informed opinion, you have to do your own [censored] research. You have to the work in. That goes double time if you want to doubt what I'm telling you, because you have no other source with firsthand knowledge.

I don't have to prove my point to you. You have to prove your own opinion to yourself. If you have doubts, if you need data, you have to do that for yourself. The purpose of posting here isn't to fight, it is to learn and grow and find out about opinions and topics and facts you don't know about. You owe it to yourself to try and have an informed opinion. If your only goal is to try and increase the size of your e-penis by arguing on an internet message board, then I'm done with this thread. If you want to learn and grow, go do it yourself, I can't force you to open your eyes.