View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Interesting Hand from WPT Aruba

Another line might have been to simply double MP3's 2000 raise. That would have been enough to fold out SB and MP1 if they were gonna fold out.

If they both fold, then MP3 certainly has odds to call, but his action at that point will provide strong information about whether he was just seizing the opportunity or really had some kind of hand to play with. You are saying, I have a good hand; maybe not great, but one I would be happy to play against you heads up in position....

If he comes over the top for all his chips, you still have a 5k stack and plenty of time to recover. If he just calls, you likely outplay him on the flop. Best case (though unlikely) he folds.

Since MP1 did call, you then likely end up with two opponents, position and a hand that plays well multi handed. After the flop, you can decide where you are and what comes next.
I guess my biggest issue with the hand was the escalating pot size and the number of opponents stumbling along adding to it. Remove one opponent with absolute certainty and the play begins to feel better. But having to make a read against 3 different types of players in an unusual situation just puts too much uncertainty to make me risk going broke this early in the tourney when you feel you have the best of it at the table.

Fm