View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: From the internet to live play -- Giving off tells?

getting out of your seat and screaming daaah! after sucking out on an opponent is a pretty strong tell, IMHO.

seriously:
Caro's quick glance down at one's chips. I've seen that one a few times indicating a lot of strength (and the likelihood of a large bet or reraise). In a few instances, I have saved money by not bluffing because of that tell.

while we're at it...you should be looking for tells yourself. Try to make it a rule that you don't look at your cards until it's time to act pre-flop...post-flop, look at you opponents' reaction to the flop rather than the flop itself. Sounds easy, but I've found this to be a very hard thing to maintain. You're looking for any type of adrenaline rush (eg: breath, chest thump, veins in neck throbbing, eyes opening wide, etc...) flowing through the person as they see AA in their hand, or as they flop a set. It's damn hard to keep these routines going...you might want to play a few more of those $50 B&M tourneys, just to practice pulling your attention away from your own cards, and focusing on what the other guy has.

Basically, always keep your eyes and head up...only look down when you have to...and watch for that quick glance at one's own chips, while at the same time not doing it yourself (of course, this could be a false tell that someone is putting on you). Or as was said earlier, buy some sun glasses [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

GL, Frank