View Single Post
Old 10-04-2003, 12:11 AM

Default Re: Seattle/Green Bay help!

Seattle isn't that much above average and Green Bay isn't that much below average. Add in a big home field edge and you get a line like this one. I don't see an edge betting either way, but I am just warning people that Seattle hasn't really proven anything yet. The Saints handed them the first one, the Cards did even worse, and the Rams blew a game they were dominating for 50 minutes. I just have to see more before I go and get excited about the Hawks. There are always a few teams like this early on that fizzle by week 12, I would have to guess they are one of the potential candidates to do that this year. The defense is just average, their only good upside is they are opportunistic and do cause some turnovers. Their offense doesn't get too many long drives, which are musts when you play good teams. Most of their TDs this year have been from short drives or one big play. In any event I think the public is rightfully on the fence with these Hawks right now. Same for the Pack, they haven't looked great, but they still aren't that bad a team and will get their share of wins. Having the coaches come back might be interesting, but I am sure Sherman and Favre are just as juiced to send them out with a loss.