View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Rate this play please with QJ

Thx for the response...
I thought about this bet for a bit before making it. I originally wanted to bet right in your range you suggested.. I was thinking 475 if I recall correctly, but decided for the 300 bet instead. My logic (which may be flawed [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) was that if I bet the amount I did and both stayed in, I would be a pretty large dog and could still get out of the hand. I knew no matter what I bet, the 1st limper would stay in as he has been calling basically everything and raising with moderate to good hands. Although I did not have much info regard the SB player.. he did seem to be playing fairly tight as he had not played too many hands. In this case, I wanted to value bet, but did not want to pot commit myself against a calling station if the flop totally missed me, especially if it was Axx as he has played every single Ax hand as far as I could tell so far... even went to showdown with hands like A6 and only pairing his 6. He was pretty maniacal, but as I mentioned, I wanted to get some $$ into the pot, but did not want to trap myself by making such a bet that I was forced to stay to the then.. anyone else have a thought on this.