Thread: 10k Hand tuneup
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 06:06 AM

Default Re: 10k Hand tuneup

It helps a lot to know which limit(s) this sample is from. "Ideal" stats change from limit to limit, particularly blind steals/defenses.

That in mind, I won't comment on blinds play in that regard.

Your VPIP looks good, from the SB is pretty good assuming this is a 1:2 blind structure.

You need to raise preflop a little more often. Your steal attempts isn't too bad, so I suspect this is a case of not raising out of the blinds often enough and/or not isolating on weak limpers enough. You limp/reraised two too many times over the sample.

The showdown numbers are kinda weird, but I'll chalk that up to the relatively small sample size. Looking at your W$WSF, it looks like you're running a wee bit cold. But your WtSD & W$SD numbers look like you've been running slightly hot. Like I said, probably just sample size.

If you're playing on a limit where you're often 3-handed or less on the flop after a raise, you are checking the flop way too often after raising. Continuation bets will win you a lot of pots, and make it tougher for your opponents to lay down weaker hands when you do hit the flop. Of course if there are 7 to the flop and you just whiffed with AK, there isn't much point in betting.

Your AF by street is off--flop aggression should be your highest, with turn aggression just slightly lower, and river aggression a good notch less. You aren't putting in nearly enough raises on the flop, which in turn means that you aren't protecting your hands well enough (or buying outs when you don't currently have the best hand). There are of course times when it's better to just call a flop bet, true, but you have to recognize the situations where a raise is called for, or where you'd be better off leading the action yourself.

I think you're actually calling a little too often on the river, although the small sample size will skew this stat heavily.

Don't sweat the red numbers on your blinds--you're supposed to lose money there. And the sample size isn't nearly large enough to draw any meaningful analysis out of your win rates by position.

Overall it doesn't look bad. Some minor points that I mentioned, but your numbers are close to where they should be in most cases. I'd mainly just look to notch up your aggression, particularly on the flop, a little.