View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Raymer tell spotted by Annie duke

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes "the best hand ever played" doesn't mean you had to make this incredible bluff or incredible call or you milked someone for all their worth holding the nuts.

In hindsight, this is the hand that gave Annie the win in the TOC. This could have easily been her go broke hand and we would not have seen her dominate Phil. I'm sure at the time she did not think of it in such a way, but in hindsight finding out how badly she was beat she realizes that this was the hand that made it for her - not being up against Phil constantly with a dominating hand like KJ to K9 etc...it was the Tens. A hand that players love to play but a hand that gets a lot of people in trouble.

We all watch TV and see how easy a laydown it was...but its also quite possible that Raymer could have been making that move with just AKs or 88, 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. In Annie's case, it's a fine hand to feature. Annie was pretty short stacked when this happened but still had the discipline to lay down the tens after committing a good amount of chips. When you consider it was a winner-take-all event, it makes the fold even more difficult. I think you absolutely have to have a pretty strong read to fold.

It is the pivotal hand in what was by far the biggest win of her life (or most peoples' lives for that matter, $2 million). I think that qualifies.