View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: 2 Folds against the same guy

Hand 1.

I would definately bet this flop myself because I am against two opponents. I think if you're checking here, it should be for deception and to keep your opponents off balance, but there is no need to do this in a multiway pot.

CERTAINLY call that river. He's making a tiny bet into a large pot. I think you are good here often enough to make the call. It looks like a blocking bet to me (which, he could be doing with a better hand than yours in this case). If he hit his flush he should be betting more than 1/4 of the pot. Why call a large raise on the draw if you aren't going to get max value on the river when you hit?

In the future, if you are going to abandon your hand in the face of a tiny bet like this, then don't bother raising the turn. Just call him on again on the river. It would probably have cost you less money, and you'd get to see what he had.

I have no problem with hand 2, in a vacuum, you are definately behind after the river. EXCEPT that if I was the villian, I would have learned from hand 1 that it doesn't take much to get you to fold on the river. I would bet 1/3 of the pot on the river against you just about chance I could for the rest of the night. Then, just to mix it up, I'd check to you with a decent hand and call when you bet your worse hand because you're sick of me always buying the pot.

I'm not sure what you were implying about meta-game, but for future meta-game purposes, definately call the river in hand 1 (expecting to be beat much of the time (but not ALL of the time)), so that hand 2 doesn't happen to you all night long.