Thread: trips on flop
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 03:07 AM

Default Re: trips on flop

First off, use the hand converter to post hands from now on. Take the word "texas" out of the HH before you convert it. You'll get a ton more replies that way.

Ok, now that we have that out of the way...

On the river, betting is fine, but I'd just call the raise. You said that you expected to see another 2, but why would anyone be in the hand in the first place with a 2? It's low limit, so I guess it isn't out of the question that someone limped K2s or something, but I think you're going to be up against 9s full or whatever-the-river-blank-was full more often than not.

Also, I don't know how draw heavy the board was, but if there were draws, you might want to reconsider your line of 'leading small to keep others around'. That's exactly what you don't want to do on a draw heavy board. So if the board was drawless, then yeah, go ahead and make that small lead. But if there were 2 to a flush or something, I think a check-raise on either the flop or the turn (depending on if the board had draws on the flop or turn) would be a better line. That way, you still get some more money in the pot, but you have the chance to give others incorrect odds to make their draws.