View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Best Office Party Stories?

Had ours last night. I work in a large law firm(not an attorney). There was open bar, good food, and all in a sky lobby in a skyscraper in Dallas(the one with the hole in the middle of it).

There was karaoke going on, which was good for me, because I can sing, and also for others, who can't, because it was highest of high comedy to see previously-stiff attorneys cutting loose to the end part of "Hey Jude."

Presumably to encourage adultery, non-personnel were not invited to the party. But...dating is frowned upon here, and you should definitely keep it under wraps. However, there were several pairings going on due to the large quantities of alcohol. Most notably, there were two young associates who seemed to be together...which is fine...except he's got a wife who's pregnant, and she has a boyfriend. It was exceptionally flagrant.

Oh, and a group of us, including the pair above, adjourned to a dive bar for more drinking and trivia. That was fun. Then I left. This morning, I heard that they adjourned from the dive bar to a more upscale bar, and the entire group(~15 people, all ages, all different positions...attorneys down to mailroom guys) proceeded to get ridiculously hammered. Apparently, one of the assistants is a mean drunk, and nearly got in a fight with ANOTHER assistant over a THIRD assistant(who is female). Later on, mean drunk assistant apparently came within a hair of getting arrested at a random gas station in Plano(suburb of Dallas).

All in all, one hell of a party for a bunch of lawyers and legal types.