View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Was Hitler right when he said.........

[ QUOTE ]
Had Hitler won the war would he have been seen as the greatest hero of all time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I answered “NO”, as most of the world’s population would still despise him, and would have their own national heroes to boot.

There might be scenarios where Hitler would be generally acclaimed the greatest hero of our time after 60 years, but I think that possibility has a very low likelihood given just that Hitler won the Second World War.

[ QUOTE ]
My point is that there is no objective good or evil. Good and evil can only be viewed subjectively.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we can agree on that.

[ QUOTE ]
If this is true. Then how can there be a God that presides objectively over what is good and evil?

Anyone who votes 'Yes' admits that there is no God, whether they know it or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah! This is where you are going off track.

You cannot use logic to prove there is no God. (Or that there is a God)

I think it is easily possible for someone to both believe in a God and not believe in absolute morality. Although such a pairing would clearly not be consistent with many peoples concept of God, that does not however make it impossible.

Further being a Great Hero does not neccesarily make someone good where good is being used as the antonym of evil. So even if you do not accept the possibility of both God and no absolute morality, it would still be perfectly possible to believe someone both evil and a great hero.

Still I guess we won’t know for sure until the Forth Reich creates a world empire at the end of the genetic cloning wars of the late 21’st century. Eeek! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]