Youll need:

-1 LB of med. size shrimp RAW AND IN THE SHELL
-flour
-1 yellow onion
-extra virgin olive oil
-heavy cream
-salt, pepper

Directions:

-Shell and clean the shrimp. Save all the shells and tails. Cut the shrimp into little pieces.

-Mince about 3/4 of the large white onion. And I mean mince as small as humanely possible.

-Fill a smallish pot and throw in the shells and tails to make a quick stock. Boil the water down until its about 1/4 full (+/- 30 minutes).

-In another pot, get the olive oil super hot, and throw in the minced onion. Keep the flame high and brown the onion, then throw in the shrimp.

-Once the Shrimp cooks (about 2 minutes tops), pour in the stock along with some more water to fill the pan. Bring this to a boil then set to simmer

-Pour the flour into a dry frying pan, and turn the heat on low until its "toasted". You can tell when it is by how it smells ("toasty").

-Mix in the toasted flour and some dabs of heavy cream until it thickens to your desired level. Reduce a little while longer and youre set.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Alentejano Soup

Youll need:

-8 garlic cloves
-1 yellow onion
-1/2 baguette
-1 bunch cilantro
-several eggs
-extra virgin olive oil
-salt pepper

Directions:

-Mince onion FINE

-Crush, the chop the garlic

-Cut the baguette into 1 inch cubes

-chop the cilantro fine

-Put the olive oil in a pot and get super hot, throw in the onion and garlic.

-Once it browns fill the pot with water, and add the cilantro and bread.

-Bring this to a raging boil, and when you serve each portion into a bowl quickly drop an egg into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Cod Fish Acorda

Youll need:

-1/2 lb dried, salted cod
-1 yellow onion
-5 garlic cloves
-1 bunch parsley
-4 tomatoes
-1/2 baguette

Directions:

-Keep the cod in a bowl of water overnight, and change the water every couple hours (this recipe is meant for using with leftover cod or scraps, but whatever you need to do this before eating the dried cod).

-Chop the tomotoes, mince the onions, garlic, and parsley

-Dice the baguette into 1 inch cubes

-Heat olive oil in a pan, and throw in minced onion and garlic.

-Chop up the cod into as small pieces as possible (again, ideally the cod will be precooked as this is usually made with leftovers).

-Add the chopped cod and chopped tomatoes, diced baguette, and parsley

-Add a small amount of water, about 1/4 of the pot and boil down a slight bit. This soup is meant to be eaten with minimal water actually. Its more of a "wet" dish or stew I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]