View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Wait, am I bluffing or value betting?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think your best option is to just call hoping to pick up some more outs on the turn (backdoor straight, flush draw, two pair, trips). If you don't improve on the turn, check/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your contention is the hero should call for t750 more and put a total of t1600 or 55% of his stack and then fold if he doesn't improve? I don't like this line.

Everett,
I dont mind your raise preflop, you are in position and have a hand that could make something big on the flop. Once the button calls though I am worried, he is obviously the one player left to act I dont want to call because you are out of position now. Ok so the flop comes and you hit middle pair, uh oh...I hate position problems. His range likely includes hands that kill you here with a J. I agree with the continuation bet on the flop but once he raises I am probably getting out of the hand now and kicking myself for not checking the flop. The only argument that can be made for checking the flop is that you could likely see a turn and attempt to pick up some more outs for a fairly cheap price.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

He has T950 in already. T750 to call a pot of T2675 (~3.5-to-1). He may have the best hand now (probably not), but he could pick up outs on the turn or make two pair or trips. If villain had JJ or 99 he's probably reraising PF, especially if villain views him as loose b/c of the moves he's made. If he folds now he has T1,975 left, if he calls he has T1,225, so it's up to him if he thinks he can comeback shortstacked or try to pick up a big pot now with pretty good odds.