View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Consulting Career Advice- Is My Company Shafting Me?

[ QUOTE ]

By several I meant 250-500K and that's assuming I continue playing and doing well at present limits, 4 to 6-tabling 10/20 and 20/40 SH, and I would assume of course that playing full-time I would work my way up to higher limits too, so that final end-of-year figure is tough to predict and could definitely vary.

[/ QUOTE ]

You assume a helluva lot. No wonder people advised you to take the job.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, the VPs at my firm make over 7 figures, and the time from Analyst to VP (if one were to stay at the firm and move up the ladder at a typical pace) would probably be about 10-12 years. So by around age 34 you'd be a partner at the firm making over a million per year and have the skillset and resume to find other 7 figure jobs in other industries if you were so inclined; in fact, you'd probably never make less than a million per year for the rest of your employed life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you really do assume a lot. You're a shoe in to become partner and a millionaire in no time. One question, how many analysts are there compared to vps?

[ QUOTE ]

And working 50-60 hours per week at an office job is much less stressful than 30-40 hours grinding on the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not always.