View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 03:18 AM

Default Re: Doyles Room - collecting action points?

yeah, I tried Doyle's, and actually have about 65,000 action points racked up there. The software is horrible, but the competition is even worse. I am slightly tempted to go back at some point and try to finish working off a $550 bonus I have there.

but here is how the action points are calculated: you get one point per 0.01 in rake from the pot, and points are distributed based on how much you contributed to the pot. for example:
--there's a $20 pot, you limped for $2 then folded to a raise. let's say you and another player limped for $2, and the raiser and caller both contributed $8 to the pot. there's a $1 rake taken, so there are 100 action points to distribute. you and the limper both contributed 10% of that pot, and would earn 10 action points. the two players who put in 8 dollars would both end up getting 40 action points.

it's hard to judge a consistent rate, based on size of the pots, etc. playing 2/4 & 3/6, I've racked up nearly 5,000 in 2 hours 4 tabling when I was running hot, but when I'm getting cold decked it might only be 2000