View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Inconsistency in deciphering who is responding to whom (Pics!)

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand how there is any doubt? A person should be indented one notch to the right from the person they're responding to, and immediately below that person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course.

[ QUOTE ]
Multiple people responding to the same person should stack on top of each other,

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course.

[ QUOTE ]
probably most recent on top. How else would it be done?

[/ QUOTE ]

With most recent on bottom, which was the way it was once upon a time. I'd be willing to live with this either way, but one problem that needs to be fixed is that when you click on a post in threaded mode, it should bring up the post that you clicked on, not the first unread post.

I noticed that one long standing problem seems to have been fixed with this upgrade, and that is that when you bring up a post in threaded mode, the order of the displayed posts no longer changes. In other words, the order of the posts once you are reading a post is the same as it was in the index. Please do not break this again.

In other words, make it exactly the way it was before the upgrade (except for retaining the above mentioned improvement) and it looks like we have a consensus.