View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Stuff I do that I don\'t like

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to call these 'leaks', because I think that word is over-used. But sometimes I'm playing and I do something I know I shouldn't, and I cringe right when I do it.

So, just to see if I'm alone, or maybe to get some community support, I'm going to post it. Feel free to flame me, add your own foibles, whatever.

If this is too NC, Greg, let me know.

Misplaced aggression... taking stabs at pots when I really shouldn't.

For instance:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (1.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>....

Why I Don't Like This:

It is a VERY draw-heavy flop, and I have bottom pair. I'm not getting out anyone with a bigger pair, or a piece of one of the ends of this. PLUS the pot is microscopic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this too much too. It just seems like no ones intersted in the pot. David Ross posted in his first year thread that he liked betting into small pots that people seemed "unintersted" in. Every time I see this I think of that post and end up betting the turn.
No...(slaps his hand)