View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: A similar hand that I don\'t like - family pot, though

You're all over the place with what-if's.

[ QUOTE ]
if someone has an overpair to your 6's? if they merely have a Q?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you here. However, look again at the players. This flop action could have started with as little as Ace-high. Neither of the aggressors are likely to have an overpair here. I'd have heard from the first one PF and the second one isn't raising with an underpair to the Q. Both players likely have a queen and I'd be astonished if their kicker hit the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
what happens when you hit your raggedy two pair and lose?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a runner-runner situation. I have to improve on the turn to stay with the action and they have to redraw by pairing the board or their kicker and NOT give me the flush/straight).

[ QUOTE ]
but that when the action goes bet/raise the chances of people holding hands that positively own you increase dramatically.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet/raise, 3 folds to me tells me a queen apiece and I have to find odds to draw to my 7 clean outs.

If I hit a 4 or 6 on the turn, I'm ahead and I'm going to bet my hand for value. They've collectively got 1-2 Qs, 2-6 kickers, and 3 2s to redraw against my two pair. They are probably drawing dead to trips.

If I improve my draw on the turn as I did, my straight outs are good and my other outs remain as valid as before. Had I improved to a four-flush, that's more likely to have paired them and my two-pair outs would be more suspect.

On a more coordinated board this is an easy fold. Maybe this is still a fold and that's why it's a hand I don't much like.